Just a few years ago, conventional wisdom was that a woman who does more than one thing would often be perceived as a person who wouldn’t be able to do any of them well. (Yes, I know, dark ages thinking, but it was a common perception.) That’s how I ended up with several different websites, each focused on one aspect of what I do, who I am.
So you may know me only as:
- An author of numerous books, both nonfiction and fiction, including Jo Joe and The Winter Boy.
- Or, a long-time PC Magazine contributing editor and a tech analyst for scores of publications and corporate clients.
- Or, a pioneering digital imaging expert and the photographer behind the American Hands fine art narrative project.
- Or, as a globetrotting journalist and essayist, whose life has been filled with wild adventures.
- Or, a popular speaker and workshop leader.
- And so forth.
I am pleased that I am no longer allowing myself to be segmented into various online personae. Instead, I now have this single website which represents the whole person I am: a woman who continues to follow several parallel tracks with essentially the same goal: To explore, learn, communicate, share and facilitate human connections and creativity.
On this site, I’ll post periodic personal essays and videos; interviews with interesting people; links to my articles, stories, books and reviews; and additional images in my photo galleries. The site also has a stronger focus on the speaking part of my career, with videos and examples of some of the programs and workshops I offer.
Please browse through this site and let me know what you think. If you like it, please share the link with others you think might find it useful and interesting. And should you be looking for a speaker for your company, school, organization or fundraiser, let’s talk.
I’ll look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you, Sally
Thank you, Sally