Sally’s extensive personal experience with grants has given her pragmatic insights into the entire process. She has received dozens of grants and has had numerous corporate sponsors for exhibits, presentations and projects. In addition, she has sat on a grant jury, helping to select which of the many applicants should receive a grant for the year.
Among the topics that Sally covers in her Understanding Grants programs are:
- Finding a grant (or other funding) for your project.
- Shaping and defining your project to make it more likely to win grants and other support, while satisfying your creative goals.
- Telling a great story about your project to capture the imagination of grantors, sponsors and the public.
- Understanding the process and procedures involved in filling out an effective application.
- Following sensible business practices to make it easier to satisfy the reporting requirements of funders.
- In the longer workshops, Sally will use projects submitted by participants as examples, and will help brainstorm specific proposals.
Sally’s Understanding Grants programs and workshops vary in length from one or two hours, up to several days. Please use the Contact page to start the discussion with Sally about customizing a program for your school, organization, conference or other venue.